The Pennsylvania Rural Health Association is dedicated to enhancing the health and well-being of Pennsylvania's rural citizens and communities. Through the combined efforts of individuals, organizations, professionals, and community leaders, the Association is a collective voice for rural health issues and a conduit for information and resources.
The goals of the Pennsylvania Rural Health Association are to:
- Serve as an advocate for rural health development at the local, state, and federal levels
- Maintain a coordinated rural health emphasis in federal, state, and local health policy development and implementation
- Promote improved rural health services
- Provide continuing education opportunities for rural health professionals
- Improve awareness and public education of rural health issues.
- Foster cooperative partnerships to improve rural health
- Provide opportunities for leadership development through active membership involvement
- Promote regulatory flexibility and effectiveness for rural health care providers
- Promote the maintenance and enhancement of Pennsylvania's rural health infrastructure